Visual pollution

by Simona Ghenea

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Visual pollution

  • Joined Dec 2018
  • Published Books 12
Visual pollution-Calotă Andrei-G.S.Romania

 

 

 

VISUAL POLLUTION

CALOTĂ ANDREI-student

                              Ghenea Simona-teacher

 

3

   

WHAT MEANS VISUAL POLLUTION?

 

    Visual pollution is an aesthetic issue and refers to the impacts of pollution that impair one’s ability to enjoy a vista or view.

Visual pollution disturbs the visual areas of people by creating harmful changes in the natural environment. Billboards, open storage of trash, antennas, electric wires, buildings, and automobiles are often considered visual pollution. An overcrowding of an area causes visual pollution.

Visual pollution is defined as the whole of irregular formations, which are mostly found in nature.

 

4

Causes

-Local managers of urban areas sometimes lack control over what is built and assembled in public places.

-Insensitivity of local administration is another cause for visual pollution. For example, poorly planned buildings and transportation systems create visual pollution.

-High-rise buildings, if not planned properly or sufficiently, can bring adverse change to the visual and physical characteristics of a city, which may reduce said city’s view.

5
Visual pollution by Simona Ghenea - Ourboox.com

Today, the movement against visual pollution continues with individuals in urban areas focusing on infrastructure like cell phone towers and electric cables. In some instances, opposition to these objects has been so great that cell phone and electric companies have had to develop clever installation solutions. Many electric companies now bury power lines underground so as not to disrupt the landscape and cell phone companies have designed cell phone towers that are meant to look like trees, so they blend in with the surroundings. Additionally, in an attempt to decrease the presence of graffiti throughout urban landscapes, some city governments have banned the sale of spray paint to minors. However, research suggests that this move has had little succes.

7
Visual pollution by Simona Ghenea - Ourboox.com
Visual pollution by Simona Ghenea - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content