Short story.

by Or Zaitoun Ziner

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Short story.

  • Joined May 2022
  • Published Books 1

My name is Pitya, and in case you didn’t understand it by my name- I’m Nepali.
And in case you have no Idea what it means, Nepal is a country in South Asia.
I mean, it was. Let me explain.
It all started 3 weeks ago, on the 8th of July 2025.
Surprisingly, It was a beautiful sunny day, not too hot but not too cold kind of day, which is kind of shocking consider the fact it was the beginning of July.
Obviously, I was in school like every other normal day. I was tired and bored, so it took me a couple of minutes to notice that our geography teacher, Ms. Bista, kept talking to a tall, brown haired woman, that I did not recognize. It took only 5 minutes after the unknown woman left for Ms. Bista to tell us to pack our things, and go home as soon as possible.

2

קובץ:Flag of Nepal (with spacing, aspect ratio 4-3).svg – ויקיטקסט

3

We were so happy and cheerful, we didn’t even bothered to ask why.
The next thing I remember, was my way home, while I walked alone down the street, right next to Mr. Rai tiny bakery, I saw bunch of tall man standing couple of meters away from me, on the other side of the street.
I assumed they were soldiers, because of their grey, baggy but clean uniform, their authoritative hats and the weapons that they held- I mean, at least it looked like it from my point of view.
I started to walk faster, because maybe Nepal has a very small army, but I know how their uniform looks like. And it’s definitely doesn’t look like this.
After 4 minutes of fast walking, almost running, I got home.
I didn’t even bothered to check if my mom’s car was there, I just wanted to arrive home.

4

Amid criticism for its commercial ventures, the Nepal Army now seeks to invest in projects of high returns

5

But when I did, the TV was on (it usually doesn’t happen, my dad always yelled at us to shut it down when no one is watching), and the national news channel was on.
I turn up the volume a bit, because the audio was pretty blurry. Soon as I heard the news, the urge inside of me, to get up and take everything I care about from my room and run away started to get stronger and stronger. But I couldn’t, I was too shocked.
By the minute I got up, it was too late.
The revolution has started.

6

In locked down Nepal, print is still king | Nepali Times

7
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content