Famous Two Entrepreneurs’ LIFE by SELCAN ÖZDAMAR - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Famous Two Entrepreneurs’ LIFE

  • Joined Dec 2018
  • Published Books 1

In this success story, we are going to share Elon Musk biography, the CEO and CTO of SpaceX CEO, chief product architect of Tesla Motors, chairman of SolarCity, and co-founder of PayPal. Musk is also involved in developing a high-speed transportation system known as Hyperloop. Elon Musk invests in the projects that can change our world. He is not only an entrepreneur but also an inventor, innovator, and engineer: Musk personally participates in designing of electric cars and spaceships.

2

elon musk hayatı i ile ilgili görsel sonucu

3

Who Is Elon Musk?(Explorer, Engineer, Inventor)

Elon Reeve Musk (born June 28, 1971) is a South African-born American entrepreneur and businessman who founded X.com in 1999 (which later became PayPal), SpaceX in 2002 and Tesla Motors in 2003. Musk became a multimillionaire in his late 20s when he sold his start-up company, Zip2, to a division of Compaq Computers. Musk made headlines in May 2012, when SpaceX launched a rocket that would send the first commercial vehicle to the International Space Station. He bolstered his portfolio with the purchase of SolarCity in 2016, and cemented his standing as a leader of industry by taking on an advisory role in the early days of President Donald Trump‘s administration.

4

elon musk space x ile ilgili görsel sonucu

5

Education:

At age 17, in 1989, Elon Musk moved to Canada to attend Queen’s University and avoid mandatory service in the South African military. He left in 1992 to study business and physics at the University of Pennsylvania. He graduated with an undergraduate degree in economics and stayed for a second bachelor’s degree in physics.

After leaving Penn, Elon Musk headed to Stanford University in California to pursue a PhD in energy physics. However, his move was timed perfectly with the Internet boom, and he dropped out of Stanford after just two days to become a part of it, launching his first company, Zip2 Corporation. An online city guide, Zip2 was soon providing content for the new websites of both The New York Times and the Chicago Tribune. In 1999, a division of Compaq Computer Corporation bought Zip2 for $307 million in cash and $34 million in stock options.

6

Elon Musk Biography

7

elon musk eğitim ile ilgili görsel sonucu

8

PayPal

In 1999, Musk co-founded X.com, an online financial services/payments company. An X.comacquisition the following year led to the creation of PayPal as it is known today, and in October 2002, PayPal was acquired by eBay for $1.5 billion in stock. Before the sale, Musk owned 11 percent of PayPal stock.

9

Elon Musk Biography

10

SpaceX

Elon Musk started thinking of creating a space exploration technologies corporation (SpaceX) at the turn of the century. He was inspired by an ambitious idea of reducing space transportation costs to enable people to colonize Mars. SpaceX was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Hawthorne, California, USA.

Elon Musk was fascinated by the opportunity of colonizing Mars and created Mars Oasis. The goal of the project was to create automated greenhouses, which in the future could have become a basis for a self-sustaining ecosystem. The main problem was an enormous delivery cost of greenhouses to Mars. Musk even tried to order launch vehicles from Russian Federation and discussed that with Russian officials, but he decided not to make a deal with them. Later Musk came up with an idea to design his own reusable launch vehicles and spaceships.

11

12

Elon Musk Biography

13

Ä°lgili resim

14

Founder & CEO of Tesla

Elon Musk is the co-founder, CEO and product architect at Tesla Motors, a company dedicated to producing affordable, mass-market electric cars as well as battery products and solar roofs. Musk oversees all product development, engineering and design of the company’s products.

Five years after its formation, in 2008, the company unveiled the Roadster, a sports car capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds, as well traveling nearly 250 miles between charges of its lithium ion battery. With a stake in the company taken by Daimler and a strategic partnership with Toyota, Tesla Motors launched its initial public offering in June 2010, raising $226 million.

Additional successes include the Model S, the company’s first electric sedan. Capable of covering 265 miles between charges, the Model S was honored as the 2013 Car of the Year by Motor Trend magazine.

15

16

Mark Zuckerberg Biography

(Computer Programmer, Philanthropist (1984–)

Mark Zuckerberg is co-founder and CEO of the social-networking website Facebook, as well as one of the world’s youngest billionaires.

17

Mark Zuckerberg Hayatı İngilizce ile ilgili görsel sonucu

18

Ä°lgili resim

19

Ä°lgili resim

20

Who Is Mark Zuckerberg?

Mark Elliot Zuckerberg was born on May the 14th, 1984. He is the creator of the social media site Facebook. He was a star student at school, winning prizes in astronomy, maths and physics. He also excelled in Classical studies. He studied Psychology and Computer Science at Harvard University, which is where he created Facebook. His invention led to his becoming Time magazine’s Person Of The Year for 2010.

21

Zuckerberg excelled in everything he did in his youth. He was captain of the school fencing team, spoke many languages and was a highly skilled computer programmer. While other kids played computer games, he designed them. He created his first network while in high school to connect all of the computers in his father’s dental surgery. He also built a media player which attracted the interest of Microsoft and AOL.

22

Ä°lgili resim

23

Zuckerberg started at Harvard in September 2002. In his first year, he created Facemash, a Facebook predecessor, that let students select the college’s best looking people from a selection of photos. He launched Facebook from his Harvard room in February 2004. It was the start of a rollercoaster ride that would connect half a billion people worldwide and make him the world’s youngest billionaire.

24

Mark Zuckerberg para ile ilgili görsel sonucu

25

Mark Zuckerberg is now one of the most influential people on the planet. He has dined with the president of the USA and regularly attends global economic summits and technology forums. He stated: “The thing I really care about is the mission, making the world open.” In 2010, Zuckerberg signed a promise called the “Giving Pledge”, in which he promised to donate at least half of his life wealth to charity.

26

Mark Zuckerberg para ile ilgili görsel sonucu

27

Awards:

 

  • In 2010, Mark Zuckerberg was named the Person of the Year by ‘Time’ magazine.

  • He was awarded CEO of the Year accolade at the 6th annual Crunchies in 2013.

  • In May 2017, several years after dropping out of Harvard, Zuckerberg received an honorary degree from the college at its 366th commencement ceremony.

  • In December 2017, he earned the dubious distinction of being named the recipient of the “Misinformer of the Year” award from the progressive media outlet group, Media Matters.
28

Mark Zuckerberg Ödül ile ilgili görsel sonucu

29

BİBLİOGRAPHY 

https://www.yeniakit.com.tr/kimdir/Elon_Musk

Elon Musk Biography: Success Story of The 21st Century Innovator

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Elon-Musk

Bir Başarı Hikayesi: Elon Musk

Mark Zuckerberg Biography: Success Story of Facebook Founder and CEO

https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/mark-zuckerberg-  6075.php

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Mark-Zuckerberg

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3212916/awards

30
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content